In the spirit of Thanksgiving: amidst the onset of the holiday festivities (not to mention that this is my favorite time of the year)- and before I start gushing forth “I feel it in my fingers,/I feel it in my toes,/Christmas is all around me,/and so the feeling grows” from holiday movies even though we’re still in a recession- here are the top 7 things I am grateful for this year:
7. Harvest Dinner last night (I’m still digesting…)
6. Commons staff making sure doing homework while eating is as comfortable as it gets, when they ALWAYS ask if I need anything
5. Being able to complete my last year at Bates despite financial difficulties
3. (although I still find this incredibly eerie) Being recognized on campus by strangers as a result of being part of the monthly Bates website slideshow (in fact, someone I didn’t know came up to me and asked “how it felt to be a Bates celebrity”. I mean, how would you respond?! )
2. Spending my Thanksgiving here, better yet, with a work supervisor who so graciously invited me to dinner!
1. (I’m beginning to realize a pattern here. In the sum of all words..) Bates? Yes, it may all sound like emotional gobbledygook, but to me Bates is more than a school. It’s become my family.
many xoxo’s, thanks, & welcomes
-V for Voracious Bobcat